How Do I Protect My Driver’s License If I Face DWI Charges?
You are facing DWI/DUI charges. Potential life-altering events lie ahead, and you want to control the problems. You can control a lot of the negative things by protecting your driver’s license.
If you have a revoked license or a suspended license, you probably will have trouble getting to work. You probably will have to rely on your family and friends for rides. Uber, Lyft, and taxis get expensive. Maybe you don’t live close to bus or train lines. Your transportation will get difficult. You could lose your job, your friends and a lot of money. Call Meaney & Patrin, P.A., for the help you need to keep your license.
Don’t Jeopardize Your Future By Driving After Revocation
You think your best solution is to drive without the license. That is a bad idea. If you are caught, the consequences are more damaging than not having the license. Your bond or bail will be high. And, according to Minnesota statute, criminal charges could become a gross misdemeanor. That means you could spend a year in jail with a fine of up to $3,000.
We Can Work To Protect Your License
Hire an experienced attorney. Our practice focuses on DWI’s and DUI’s in Minnesota. We know how to defend your rights and your license. There are things you can do to protect your license.
There Are Things We Can Do To Help:
- Retest your sample. Mistakes happen. We can make sure your sample was evaluated correctly.
- Request a hearing. You can demand that the arresting officers are at the hearing. The officers must explain their actions.
- Make sure the guidelines were followed. There are rules. If they did not follow them, we can argue to get your license reinstated.
- Was your sample properly identified?
- Make sure there was probable cause. The officer must have had a valid reason to believe you were impaired.
- Request an implied consent license reinstatement hearing with a judge. Problems, errors, and lies are frequently discovered.
Minnesota’s DWI Guys Can Help You Protect Your Driver’s License
If your driver’s license is threatened, we will work with you to investigate your case. There is no guarantee that we can prevent revocation or suspension. We will make sure they did everything legally. Connect with us via email or call us at 612-223-6327, and we will work to defend you and your license.